ICOcapTM is designed to have a function, handling and performance equivalent to branded capsule dry powder inhalers on the market. ICOcap can be specifically customized to have features and handling regulatory equivalent to different products on the market. ICOcap is designed to be robust and easy to manufacture and assemble in a high volume fully automated process. ICOcap is fully injection molded and available for licensing
• Inhalation flow driven capsule based dry powder inhaler
• Carrier based formulation @ 10-50 mg
• Factory pre-filled drug formulation in capsules
• Designed for 3# hypromellose (HPMC) capsule
• Suitable for flow rates between 40 and 100l/min
• Integrated mouthpiece cover
• Tactile/audio feedback when closed
• Tactile/audio feedback when piercing capsule
• Hygienic and easy to clean
• Flat standing surface
• Capsule filling using conventional equipment
• Designed for fully automated assembly and low cost manufacturing
• 5 molded parts, needles and springs
• Integrated cover or removable cover
• Capsule piercing from one or two sides
• Different number of pins
• Capsule oriented in the vertical or horizontal position
• Different capsule sizes
ICOcap can be designed to be bioequivalent to capsule dry powder inhaler products on the market. ICOcap is designed to be equivalent in terms of device and performance both in vitro and in vivo.
ICOcap can also be optimized to give optimal product performance for a given drug formulation. This option is suitable for NCEs or other products not intended to be registered as a generic drug.
The exterior of ICOcap can be in many different shapes and colors and can be customized to meet specific client requirements in terms brand identification, drug identification etc.
ICONOVO can offer a comprehensive service package including device design, formulation development, analytical testing, documentation etc. together with a complete supply chain.