Iconovo has two specialized labs equipped with an in-house high capacity vacuum system and a pressurized air system. For specialized tests we use mainly NGI but we also use MLI and ACI.
We have three HPLC instruments, a spectrophotometer, safety boxes and specially controlled environment boxes for testing at different relative humidities. We also have specialized equipment for eliminating electrostatic charges and for measuring charges on the device and on the emitted dose.
Performance testing and optimization
During product development, our analytical lab develops and validates pharmaceutical test methods, and supports formulation development and device development with analytical services, stability studies and device verification testing. Our lab has capabilities to determine:
- Organic impurities and degradation products
- Delivered dose/Delivered dose uniformity
- Fine particle fraction
- Fine particle dose/Fine particle dose uniformity
- Metered dose/Metered dose uniformity
Together with an expert solid-state partner, we characterize the APIs and formulations in terms of:
- Particle size distribution (using LALLS)
- Amorphous content and Crystallinity (using TAM and XRPD)
- Particle appearance (using SEM and Microscope)
- Thermal behavior (using DSC and TGA)
- Humidity interaction (using GVS)